Monday 24 September 2012

The Arrival Party!

At Father's Office, I was met with the delightful surprise of Jake Scott being there, European Firefly friend and legend. And then two other bits of amazing news - 1) Adrian Moat, my reason for ever becoming a Firefly in the first place was going to be at the arrival party, and 2) I was to lead the peloton in with Tara, each of us carrying the flags of our respective motherlands - Team GB and Team USA!



























We rolled into The Mill, a couple of blocks away, to a swarm of family, friends and guests, who had come to toast our 550 mile trip. Lots of hugs, booze, a sandwich and some flashing cotton candy and bike packing later, I was ready to collapse into bed. 

It was a fantastic ride, I loved every minute of my return from cycling retirement, and am incredibly proud of the help and hope that it will give: truly, for those who suffer, we rode!

We've raised loads of money, but we are setting our bar ever high and we all really want to smash the target. So click here to keep on giving please if you haven't already!


No comments:

Post a Comment